Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The People you meet

1) Homeless people (who think they are your friend). One lady comes in every so often to update me on her life. I recently learned she has an acid reflux problem and what happens when she drinks too much coffee. I think if she probably stopped doing so much cocaine that problem would stop, but who am I to tell her this. Plus, her stick-on electric blue nails scare me.

2) The man who had the first successful airline, invented the colored $5 bills, single-handedly operated the railroads across the country, and also did all the engineering requested by the government (until they cut him out). Now he just carries around a fanny pack and a magic stick that he follows. He swings it around and wherever it points, he follows. I always pray it doesn't point into the caffe, but I'm still waiting for those prayers to be answered. What a guy huh?

3) Escaped hospital patients running around with their gowns open. Usually not a pretty sight. But very entertaining to see them with their IV poles as well.

4) Lots of creepy people who like to make sexual jokes with you.

5) Older woman who told me of her husband's farting problems when he drinks latte's. She still ordered him one but complained to me for the next five minutes how she was going to have to carry around febreeze for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment