Monday, March 2, 2009

No Words

There is a customer who comes in every couple of weeks. I'm not sure where he is always traveling to, but it must be somewhere, probably somehwere gross. He's quite gross. He thinks it's okay to make innapropriate jokes all the time. And then he heard me speak Spanish once and somehow decided that I was Guatemalan.

After 2 weeks, he decides to ask me if I would like to take a trip with him. Now, I always find this difficult to deal with because then things become awkward. That's why coffee should just be coffee, not dates (unless you are attractive and around the same age as the barista, and offer you extra things or extra tips, then it's okay, but not publicly with a line of customers, write it on a slip of paper and slide it across the counter).

I did not give him my phone number but instead wrote my e-mail. That should be sign number one. And as he was running off to catch his ride, he shouts "Is 35 too old for you?" Of course that's too old for me, especially when you act like you're 13. I wanted to say, try to grow up first, but he was already gone. Then that night when he must have arrived to his home, I get this:

yellow good lookin. what's cookin, COFFEE, hey, your white mocha is the best i have ever had, except my Mr. Coffee Brew, well just to see if you are serious about getting to know someone new?

I respond with a nice e-mail. I think I made things pretty clear
I just have to tell you that I think 35 is a bit too old for me but we can be friends. And I will still be happy to make your coffees
when you come into the caffe!


But then, I get this back
friends are good ,how's about a friendly date to my bedroom, just PLAYING, or a walk along the boardwalk? THAT'S FUN AND SAFE , NEVER KNOW WHO U REALLY ARE,LOL.,i get sun. and mon. off.your work is good alot of fun i bet , people are so interesting, so what do ya think , a friendly date to get to know eachother? just friend's, i sad, :>( ,i think your hot, sewxy and look good, :>) "I WANNA TOUCH YOU ALL OVER", I i love computer's, i can say crazy stuff without anyone saying anything, i would never say that in person , to anyone. is it true, well maybe, but we would have to get to know eachother, as friend's, RIGHT ? then i could only look and think those thing's. well,not really, to be honest with ya i am 39 and i have two kid's , BUTT,I AM SINGLE ,AND LOOK GOOD 6'1 ton's of fun, u are younger than me but my last girlfriend was 23, that blond, not sure if u seen her, very possesive and needed , hopefully not need's, to get work and her life together. I THINK,. WELL ,I WILL SIT HERE AND THINK SOME FINE GIRL I MET IN THE COFFEE SHOP TILL I HEAR FROM YA. HAVE A GOOD DAY AND HOPE U GET ALL U WANT.

If you couldn't already guess, I still haven't responded. And he hasn't frequented the caffe. Fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment