Friday, March 27, 2009

The games people play

People love to play games when coming to the caffe. The most popular one is to guess my ethnicity. I am not sure why this is so popular but it is. So far I am Italian, Greek, Spanish, Egyptian, Persian, Guatemalan, and Colombian. After they guess, I always tell them what I really am. But no matter what, they always go back to what they thought in the first place and talk to me about it. One guy still thinks I am Italian and so always greets with me with "Ciao Bella!" I have given up saying I am not Italian. I figure if I learn a couple vocab words of the corresponding languages from those countries, then people might tip more since that IS my main concern.

They also enjoy making jokes that only they think are funny.

And they like to see if they can trick me into giving them something where they dont' have to pay. Like a 12 oz coffee but in a 20 oz. cup so they can fill it up with steamed 1/2 & 1/2. Well my friend, I am not stupid, and that is called a latte, a breve one.

My favorite was when someone asked me for an americano but instead of water, use milk. Almost a good attempt.

And also people like to try to steal my tips. That is probably my favorite game. I really love that game when rich women with Coach bags take out the change to pay for their drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment