Friday, July 3, 2009

The Hole Punch

Now that the grand opening is under way, it's my main goal to get them organized. Though it is fun to watch from a distance. 3 employees. 1 customer. Time of drink: 3 minutes. I try to explain that with more people it should be faster and not actually slower, but that's a bit hard to get across. But then it's just really amusing. This is how it all starts

Customer comes up to counter
All 3 employees greet the customer
Customer explains what s/he wants
All 3 employees look at customer
All 3 employees try to do the cash register
All 3 employees then move to the espresso machine and stare at it
1 employee starts to get the espresso ready
2 employees stare at the 1 employee doing the work
1 employee starts to steam the milk
Other 2 employees continue to watch
All 3 employees put the mug out for the customer...3 minutes later

After witnessing this operation of events, I realize they desperately need a manual. Then I take a mission in the blazing sun to find a 3-hole punch. I go to 3 different shopping malls. No hole punch. Then I find 2 different business centers. No Hole punch. 1 hour later I am sweating. Finally I find a center that has a 1 hole punch. So I ask if I can please pay to use it and hole punch the papers. Then the lady tells me that her boss will get mad. I say but I will pay you for this. Then she tells me that she doesn't rent out the hole punch. I tell her that I don't want to rent the hole punch, I just want to use it for a few minutes at the little table she has in the back. Then she says that I will disturb the hotel guests that are staying there. I am not sure how unless every 5 punches the alarm goes off on the hole punch. I tell her that what she just told me makes no sense since the hold punch doesn't make any noise. Then she stares at me. So then I leave. 1.5 hours later...find an Internet cafe. It has a 2 hole-punch. So then I use that but the 2 holes aren't spaced properly. But I have had enough walking around, so 1 hour later, I have hole punched 40 pages using a 2 hole punch, but angling it so that only one is punching the hole. Who would have thought that finding a 3 hole punch would be so difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment