Tuesday, July 14, 2009

First Day Back

Yesterday I get back from Asia, today I am back at work at the caffe. I am in a pretty good mood so I am thinking that today is going to be great. My first few customers go through without a hitch, and then the 4th walks in. It's the same guy who visited me right before I left. From now on, I am going to refer to him as GoldTeeth. Apparently he had been waiting for me to get back. I usually would think that's a nice thing to say to someone, but at this moment I just wanted to laugh. Mostly because I couldn't believe this was happening.

Of course he goes to sit down so he can shout at me while I help other people. A girl walks in as he shouts, "you lost weight, didn't you?" I didn't really think so, so I responded, hmmmm, no, I don't think so. Then he goes, "yes, you did. You used to be thicker before." This is when I start to wonder how long he is going to be sitting for since he's really quite the charmer.

His compliment then turns into him trying to talk me into giving him computer lessons. First off, how does he not know how to use a computer? Apparently by September, he would like to learn to send an e-mail. I hold in my laughter. I tell him there are classes at a public library. He doesn't want to be in a class, he just wants to be tutored by me. All I have to do is name my price. I keep trying to tell him that I don't have time and can't really give computer tutoring. He doesn't hear me because he keeps asking when he should come in next. Apparently he also doesn't understand that I am not able to tutor somebody while at work. Then he offers this really practical option: that I can go to his house or he can come to mine. Did I mention that his front teeth are all gold and each finger is adorned with huge gold rings and diamonds. After he writes his name and number on a paper, he wants mine. I say no. Then he asks me again. I continue to say no. Then he shows me all his ID cards like I should care. I still say no. Then he tells me that he has a Florida area code for his phone because all his family lives there. I tell him congratulations. Then he asks me one more time. Finally I give him the number of the store. However, I can never remember the actual number so I just gave him a random number. Maybe he will learn a lesson, the first one being to stop bothering me, the 2nd, how to use a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment