Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Gray's piano player

Today I decided it was a good day to put on my own music. I'm generally a fan of ethnic music, also reggaeton and hip hop. Since hip hop isn't really a good genre for a caffe, I opted for the ethnic which has a couple reggaeton songs. Then a lady walks in. While I am making her drink she lets me know that she likes my music. I mentally give myself a high-five for having such high quality music taste. Then she asks me if I ever listen to Macy Gray. I remember vaguely listening to that maybe 10 years ago, so I say yes. She gets really excited and asks me if I have her CD. I start to wonder if she has only just discovered Macy Gray. But as she continues speaking I realize that this has long been an obsession. Not with Macy Gray but with her son, Macy Gray's piano player and songwriter. She was so proud. I almost asked if he was cute but then caught myself and instead asked for a CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment