Monday, July 27, 2009

Ambassadors


Some cities have governors. Some have mayors. Some have both. And some (meaning the coolest) even have city ambassadors. I am referring to my city.

They walk or ride their bikes around the city all day wearing a helmet, blue parachute pants, and a bright neon yellow shirt. I know that if I were elected ambassador, I would definitely want this to be my uniform. These said ambassadors also think they have a really important job. I never want to underestimate anybody or their job, but all I ever see them doing is taking breaks and drinking different beverages, all while still wearing their helmets. Props to them for maintaining safety at all times. Their real job however, is to walk all around the city (or ride their bike) and see if anybody or any tourist needs help with directions. What a deal. And it comes with a title.

One of these ambassadors came in today. He looked a little nervous. Maybe it was his first time ordering a beverage as an ambassador. I congratulated him on his title. He seemed pleased. Then of course he ordered a little girly (a blended mocha), then he stared at my shirt, then made a weird comment about my uniform, then I asked him if he was jealous of my uniform, then he laughed nervously, and tried to ask me a different question but another customer walked in. Saved.

Unfortunately, this next customer was another ambassador...

No comments:

Post a Comment