Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Greatness

The best kind of greatness is the kind that is discovered. Some people are impatient and instead like to self-proclaim their greatness to anybody who is forced to listen.

I was chosen as the listener. This customer asked me one question, not to know the answer, but as a way to start talking about himself.

Sir Dbag: Do you like your job?
Me: Yes I do. It's interesting
Sir Dbag: I don't really like it over here in the city. I have to come over to visit my girlfriend
Me: I bet that makes her happy
Sir Dbag: I just pierced her tongue
Me: Great
Sir Dbag: Yeah, I mean I already have mine pierced. I am a self-titled piercer and tattoo artist. I just got into it myself
Me: Nice...
Sir Dbag: I am also a published poet. I write poetry and it keeps getting published. I am hoping to go to school so I'll probably go to a 2 year but then this one place is offering me a full ride to go to their school because they like my work
Me: I'm sure they do. Congratulations
Sir Dbag: But I am in a bit of trouble because I got caught pirating music but now Microsoft is threatening me to work for them because I am really good at pirating.
Me: Seems to me you have a bright future
Sir Dbag: Why are the cops all standing right there? I hate cops
Me: (Well I hate you but that doesn't make you go away)

Why? That is only question I can ask myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment