Friday, March 12, 2010

Garbage Day

Taking out the garbage is one of my all time favorite tasks. I like it for the smell, mostly, but also for the thrill of throwing a large bag into an even larger bin.

I was down at the garbage station trying to toss in the trash bag but there was a man in front of it with all the garbage from the whole terminal. I asked if he could toss mine in for me (I was trying to be nice and give him double the thrill). He looked at me strangely and goes "is this from your car?" I thought this was funny. Why would someone have a huge trash bag in their car? I started to laugh and said no, this is from the caffe. Then I left to go back to the store. I was almost inside when I hear someone shouting "Hey!" So I turn around and look and this joker is down below shouting at me. First, I thought I was in trouble for something. Then he says

Javon: "I don't even get a name?"
Me: Why would you get a name?
Javon: Because I want one
Me: Well not everybody gets what they want
Javon: Just tell me
Me: No. You can guess it?
Javon: How am I supposed to guess it?
Me: You pick a name and guess it, that's how
Javon: That's not fair

Let me tell you a little something Javon, life's not fair. Better to learn that now rather than later. Sorry I have to be the one to teach it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment